Monday, August 25, 2008

Expectations

stop searching for perfection.
we both know you can't handle it.
and yet it's your obsession.
there are things you need to omit
from your already pathetic life.
but you can't cut them out with that knife
you hold to your throat.
I'm here to help you,
not to encourage your stupid ideas
like your other so-called friends.
I'm here to listen to you,
not to shove the truth in your face.
but I will tell you what's right and wrong.
stop searching for perfection.
are you serious? look at yourself.
your thoughts hit your mind like an infection.
you have a blade to your throat
because you futilely attempted the impossible.
Let me tell you: If everybody lived up
to everybody's expectations,
everybody would feel the strong obligation
to shoot everybody in the head.
stop searching for perfection.
stop the obsession.
stop the infection.
Live the life I know you can.
Map your own journey, make your own plans.
Be the person I know you are.
Please take my advice. I know you'll go far.

No comments: